Thank you to Phoenix – The Rebirth of my Life for nominating my blog for the One Lovely Blog Award!! I’m brand new around here – one week and counting, and I’m so proud that someone appreciated my writing already! How exciting!
As Phoenix so eloquently put it, “The One Lovely Blog Award recognizes blogs that are yes, lovely, but I would like to add a little bit more to the description. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.” What an honor. Thank you, again!
As far as I can gather, here are the ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD RULES:
1. Thank the person who nominated me. check!
2. Share 7 things about myself that you still may not know. check!
3. Nominate 15 (eeeehhh, I’m new around here. I don’t know many people yet!) bloggers. check(ish)!
4. Notify the nominees that I have done so. check!
5. Put the logo of the award on my blog site. check!
Seven Things about Me:
1. I love bananas, and anything involving bananas. Banana pancakes, peanut-butter-banana anything, banana smoothies, banana chips, banana bread… Oh, and chocolate. Anything.
2. I made a major career shift three years ago: environmental chemistry and mathematics to early childhood education and human development. Phew! But it was a necessary and completely worthwhile change. I found my passion.
3. I don’t just read books, I devour them. I absorb them. I can’t get enough of them.
4. I’m taking online classes toward my BS in Human Development and Family Studies while working full time and dealing with chronic pain and depression. It’s a lot. I’ll graduate in…2020. Great.
5. I rock out to musicals in my car. Frequently.
6. I got married last year to this amazing woman, who astounds me everyday with her love, compassion, kindness, and support. She is my wake-up call and my constant ray of sunshine. I feel so fortunate to have been found by her.
7. I’m growing my hair out for the first time in my life, on a dare/bet/deal with my wife. She’s also growing hers out, but with her ringlet curls, she’s fucking adorable. Always. Me? Geeze. We’ll see about this. I haven’t had a pony tail since I was a kid and I didn’t have any choice!
Nominations: (in no particular order)
A Bringer of New Things – What I’m Learning through Books, Writing, and Life (Accompanied by Cats)
Considerable Speck – Writing, Reading, and Good Eating
Pink Collar – A blog by Leslie Sinclair, Toronto Freelance Writer
BetterNotBroken – The War on Terror Begins in the Home
Drifting Through My Open Mind – Thoughts and Musings
Thanks again, Phoenix, for the award, and for supporting my endeavors to finally share my writing and thoughts!